It is October already! Summer is gone and Fall is in full swing.
I am not ready to say goodbye quite yet.
One last-ditch summer meal to say, “It’s been fun.”
or “Thanks for the 10 lbs.”
or “I am sporting those extra sun spots like a rock star.”
“Goodbye, my friend. It’s been real.”
If you haven’t tried a grilled salad, it is time. Smokey, sweet, and utterly delicious. Plus it is beautiful, which will impress those you cook for.
Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 Heads Romaine Lettuce, sliced length-wise
- 1/2 c Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 5 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- Preheat Grill or Grill Pan.
- Spray Romaine heads with cooking spray on both sides or brush with olive oil.
- When Grill is nice and hot, place lettuce on grates, flat side down.
- Grill for about 3 minutes, then flip and grill for an extra 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and top with remaining ingredients.
- Squeeze on lemon juice and drizzle with Olive Oil.